Thought I would get into the habit of monthly updates on games played since my initial update last month launching the site.
August is school holidays so I have been pretty busy with limited time for gaming. But since my first update I have managed to complete one game at least. Woot!
- Titanfall 2 – completed the campaign
- Fortnite: Save the World – shelved this
Titanfall 2 completed the campaign on regular difficulty. Overall really enjoyed the campaign, but not likely to play multiplayer much more. Fortnite (Save the World, not Battle Royale) I’ve decided I just don’t like it. I purchased this back in March when it was cheap. The PVE mode is just not that good and I can see why it didn’t do that well. It doesn’t help that it is one of the most egregious and aggressive freemium games I’ve experienced. Which is very galling considering the premium you are paying for access.
Been playing (my current Grouvee playlist is here)
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands – since getting this on Xbox One in the recent Amazon sales I have been playing this again. On third region, about 10 hours in.
- Forza Motorsport 7 – opening Seeker cup all done.
- Mass Effect 3 – purchased this on release. Last save from 2014! Progress made through the story.
- Skyrim Special Edition – purchased for Xbox One (I have it on PC too). Comparing versions has made me realise just how good that original Xbox 360/PS3 versions looked.
- Rage – started playing via GamePass.
So that is 1 game completed for August, and 1 shelved.
New game pickups
Halo 5, forgot to add this onto my Grouvee profile. Completed this in just under 10 hours via GamePass. Worst Halo campaign yet. Also purchased Alan Wake on Xbox 360 disc from a Carboot for £1. Pretty good condition with the DLC code unused.
On Grouvee created a new GamePass shelf to track games I’ve played on Microsoft’s subscription service. So far just Halo 5 and Rage. Obviously this might grow if I try out more games on the service. I won’t add these games to my Xbox shelf so they don’t get counted as part of my collection.
Try to complete Rage, Wolfenstein: The New Order and Mass Effect 3. Not sure I can get all of these done, but ideally would like to complete this handful of games.
Also will start doing some short reviews or impressions of games and post them on this site and Grouvee where appropriate. Only really previously done a short review or two on Steam.